Instrument panel lighting - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rickifumi
  • 2 Post By rcannon409

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-17-2019, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Instrument panel lighting

Hi all the experts.

I've done a few searches but haven't found anything so far on this topic.

But I'm a noob so it could be that.

So, I have a 2018. The one thing that annoys me a bit is the instrumentation, as in strong sunlight it's a bit hard to read.

Do options exist for brighter and/Or differently coloured lights to enhance visibility?

Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-17-2019, 05:34 PM

It's LED instrument panel. The light comes from the LED display not necessarily from a "light bulb" illuminating the gauges. The only option is to paint the lower part of the windshield black to keep the gauges under a shade most of the time. Or somehow put the H2 SX TFT display (I don't think that's ever been done by anyone but theoretically it's possible).
post #3 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Electronic instrument panels (including the Ninja 1000's) are setup to communicate with their native ECU. As such, they are not interchangeable.

In the video below, a guy summarizes why the H2SX panel is not working on his N1K:

agurudev likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 10:10 PM

The best solution is to not be hung up on what youll see on the display. Its really common for new people to be hung up on rpm, shift points, and tachometer numbers. Dont do that. Most of the info we have isnt worth taking your eyes off the road to see.
Bc2 and CRFan1 like this.
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

I don't know what some of you guys will think of this, but like I did with my 650 Ninja, I hated how sunlight made the screen so hard to see, so got some flat black spray paint and sprayed the inside of the windscreen. It looks professional due to how the paint disperses over the surface so smoothly, and it also makes the silver Ninja logo jump out against the black and looks pretty cool. For myself, it's not been an issue in terms of seeing what's ahead either.

Last edited by Ninja Raven; Yesterday at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page