Mirrors - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 06-25-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Mirrors

So the mirrors on the Ninja 1000 stick out a little bit too far for my taste, almost to the point of reminding me of bug antenna. I don't like bar end mirrors, but what I would like to know is are there any particular brand of mirrors that are shorter than the stock you have installed and that you enjoy, Will you add a picture?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-25-2019, 11:31 AM

I explored the option of narrower mirrors about 3 years ago. My logic was that I lift or drop my elbow anyways to get a good rear view, so............My local Kawi dealer let me pull mirrors off other models and try them, and I purchased a few off of Amazon to try, so I had the option to return them.

Complete fail..........
post #3 of 23 Old 06-25-2019, 12:15 PM

And I added extensions to my mirror stalks so I could see better. Function over fashion... Getting rear-ended shifts one's priorities. And bar end mirrors are relatively worthless because they're out of your line of sight when you're looking ahead. The flash of headlights in my rear view mirrors turned what could have been a really bad situation into a bump and scratched up rear fender.
rcannon409 likes this.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 06-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Garage
You can see my setup at the link below. This is the only way I found I could avoid using mirrors on the bar ends. I can split lanes like no other now, and the mirrors work surprisingly well. It will not work with the stock clip ons though. Have to use Speedy Motos.

https://www.kawasakininja1000.com/fo...or-set-up.html

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #5 of 23 Old 06-25-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrmeltr View Post
You can see my setup at the link below. This is the only way I found I could avoid using mirrors on the bar ends. I can split lanes like no other now, and the mirrors work surprisingly well. It will not work with the stock clip ons though. Have to use Speedy Motos.

The 2017 perch has that spot for a mirror, like the trail bikes do. That might hold a mirror like yours?

Still have not figured out the throttle side, because you are right. Stock mirrors are really a bit wide for splitting.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-26-2019, 08:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrmeltr View Post

Wow, those look tiny, can you manage to see enough with those?

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #7 of 23 Old 06-26-2019, 08:39 AM

The mirrors are small, but much closer to the rider than stock. Plus, if you are lane splitting , something has to give. I'm not sure it's really possible to have a large mirror set, and a narrow bike.

As a veteran lane splitter (uh, twice, for about 75 feet) our stock mirrors are about the perfect size, height and shape to snag a Ford f 350's mirrors. It's really bad if there are two trucks, side by side.

By the way, we have this amazing technology pool to draw from. Electronics can control wheelies.....serious, as if a rider can't quite figure out how to make the front wheel go back to the ground?....we get this, and no video camera to see what's behind us? I wonder if that might be an answer? Some sort of small camera for real use, and small mirrors to satisfy the legal requirement?
post #8 of 23 Old 06-26-2019, 08:54 AM

Garage
This is in my city, that's how we lane split here, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _92729063_newairportroadnearhebbal.jpg (76.3 KB, 25 views)
rcannon409 likes this.

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #9 of 23 Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 AM

My God no, I'm just doing a junior-junior version of that! You have grown-up lane splitting.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-26-2019, 09:18 AM

Garage
That traffic is crazy. How many people are killed there in road rage incidents?

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page