Added Moto Werks peg lowering blocks and brake lever nut - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 06-10-2019, 09:49 PM

Couple of questions
Ordered these blocks, haven't installed them yet,,.
1) Any concerns with the pegs hitting now that they are lower (I haven't had an issue previously)
2) I didn't get the brake light bolt, thought I read it wasn't necessary, will I need it?
3) They have a disclaimer on the weight capacity,,. Can you get away with standing on the peg to mount the bike?
I weigh 195LBs,,.
"The lowering foot pegs blocks are quite stout, so they can take up to 185 Lb load each; however, standing with your full body weight on one foot peg is not recommended. All installation hardware is included."

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 06-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lag 4 View Post
Couple of questions
Ordered these blocks, haven't installed them yet,,.
1) Any concerns with the pegs hitting now that they are lower (I haven't had an issue previously)
2) I didn't get the brake light bolt, thought I read it wasn't necessary, will I need it?
3) They have a disclaimer on the weight capacity,,. Can you get away with standing on the peg to mount the bike?
I weigh 195LBs,,.
"The lowering foot pegs blocks are quite stout, so they can take up to 185 Lb load each; however, standing with your full body weight on one foot peg is not recommended. All installation hardware is included."
I lowered my foot pegs 2 years ago. I've not dragged a peg on the pavement yet. I even did an advanced riding class at the DCTC track in Minnesota [ https://www.ridezars.com/ ] and leaned my N1K to the edge of the tires, and did not scrape a peg.

I recall buying the brake light bolt and installing it (I think). I needed it to keep the brake pedal the same distance down from the footpeg. I wanted to keep the "angle" of my right foot in a comfortable place, and still be able to use the rear brake without really thinking about it. I recall that the brake bolt was relatively inexpensive, so you may want to buy it, in case you need it.

The weight capacity statement is to cover the manufacturer in case of liabilities. I'm not worried about the strength of my MotoWerk peg lowerers.
We are riding liter bikes. Liter bikes are not generally ridden by those who wish to live a risk free life. ;o)
BTW, according to the experts at Motorcycle Consumer News (US), on average, riding a motorcycle is 19 times more dangerous than driving a car.
Lag 4 likes this.
post #13 of 14 Old 06-12-2019, 07:10 PM

I've had my Moto Werks Lowering Pegs, and Brake Clevis for a while now. The Extra Clevis part is so you can lower your brake pedal the same distance as you are lowering your pegs. Other wise there is not enough adjustment range to lower the brake pedal to the point of not having to lift your foot to reach it. I also ground the end of the plunger that comes out of the rear master cylinder to get just a little more 'down' on my brake lever. I've got it right were I like it.

I did replace the huge hex bolt that looks like they came straight from the hardware store with stainless steal cap heads. I also used the soft side of Velcro on the top and side where my boot would touch it. It looks much better blacked out.

I liked the improvement so much I decided to treat myself to a new pair of Apex 4" riser clip ons to make the handle bars much more comfortable. I've got 44,000 miles on my Ninja 1000 in the last four years and I love this bike more and more...
Lag 4 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Bc2

Like Your DIY Videos

[QUOTE=Wrenchie;363734]Congrats on a successful install. I'm sure you checked this already but just in case, test out the rear brake lamp switch to ensure it comes on when the pedal is pressed lightly and turns off when released. If it does not, you need to adjust the switch connected to the rear brake pedal.

Enjoy the cozy ride!

I Like your DIY videos along with Jonathan Long's. Keep up the great Work!!

Bc2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page