Ivan's performance - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 12-03-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Ivan's performance

Thinking about getting Ivan's flash done. Should I wait until after the 12 month factory warranty expires? I didn't buy an extended warranty. Also, i may move to Tx and certain counties there require emissions testing. Would the flash effect the test results negatively?
adm2204 likes this.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 12-03-2018, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Just looked at Ivan's site again and noticed it does state that his reflash may not meet emissions standards. Guess I'll have to wait and see if where I move requires the testing or not.
adm2204 likes this.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
post #3 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 08:45 AM

In my humble opinion, if you want the reflash there is no need to wait until the warranty runs out. Ivans work is stellar and these bikes are extremely reliable. Very doubtful you will need warranty service on your bike and they would have to pull the ECU to know that you have had it reprogrammed.

I had my new (2013) bike three months before sending my ECU off to Ivan. Worth every penny. Best bang for the buck of all my modifications. Mine was one of the older version that required a PC5 and block off plates. Now the maps are in the ECU and I believe the PAIR system is disabled inside the ECU as well so it is simply plug and play.
Northern Ninja likes this.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 09:18 AM

No one really requires emissions testing on motorcycles, like we have on our cars. Theres no standard between the various bikes, yet. I imagine that will happen, soon enough. You might find a city/county that has a safety inspection, but not emissions. Its a strange thing. I know all of us here in the usa are required to keep our bikes compliant, but so far theres been almost zero effort makinggn sure we really do.

About all they could do, right now, is train people to look for stock exhaust systems as well as compliant aftermarket systems, and none of the states have put out that sort of effort.

With the 2017 bikes, and newer, I believe those do have that OBD II port. Its possible that might be standard between the various manufacturers. Being your new bike is a 2015, theres no worry.
post #5 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all that replied. I checked the regs again and read that diesel engines and motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing in Tx. Will most likely get Ivan's flash done.

post #6 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

I see a video showing how to remove the ecu from the 11-13 Ninja 1000. Nothing on the 15. Is it the same? Do I need to disconnect the battery before removing it?

post #7 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 12:16 PM

I do disconnect the battery , just because....however, i've "dis-remembered" to do that a few times with no issues. Still, disconnect it just to be sure.

Other than changing out the piss poor stock tires, I don't believe there is a better mod available for our bikes. If the warranty ever came into question, you could always find a work around, or flash back to stock.

On this bike, I would not wait 12 months to have it done. Odds are you will not need the warranty and Ivan can flash it back to stock if you ever did.
Ninja_1000 likes this.
post #8 of 54 Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 PM

What are you waiting for??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg come-on-do-it.jpg (31.1 KB, 5 views)

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
post #9 of 54 Old 12-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Bc2

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I asked this before but what is the best way to contact Ivan? I have a 2017 Ninja 1000 and I am being told that Ivan does not have a reflash ready yet for this year. That being said I have a couple questions and would like to contact Ivan.

Bc2
post #10 of 54 Old 12-05-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2 View Post
Hi All,

I'm not sure if I asked this before but what is the best way to contact Ivan? I have a 2017 Ninja 1000 and I am being told that Ivan does not have a reflash ready yet for this year. That being said I have a couple questions and would like to contact Ivan.

Bc2
You can find his contact number on the Ivan's Performance site. I called and he answered the phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page