I rode my friend's 765 RS Street Triple for a day. I rode it in urban streets, highway, and then in the mountains. Fantastic bike. It had the Ohlins rear shock, Showa BPS front fork, Brembo brakes, quick shifter, TFT display, ride modes, etc. It was fast and had a very light handling feel. The engine was relatively smooth, sounded great, and revved quickly. It also had a satisfying top end power.
My main gripes are few:
1) It's a naked. Any speed above 80 mph is a chore. A burst up to 90 is fine but any sustained cruising around 80-85 really put a lot of wind pressure on my chest and neck.
2) The clutch on the bike I rode was grabby and a bit gritty. It was a little difficult to launch from a standstill without fear of stalling it.
3) It felt like it needed a bit more front end feedback especially on long arcing turns at high speeds.
4) The front brake lever had a bit too much travel and had some sponginess in it. Still powerful though.
Compared to my 2018 Ninja 1000:
1) Lots of wind protection. Cruising all day at 85-95 mph is nothing. Even on gusty, windy days.
2) More power. The difference isn't a lot on the 765 RS, (120 rwhp vs 125 rwhp) but it's a lot more versus your 675. And it feels like the N1k has A LOT more torque that arrives sooner and stays on all the way to redline. At 125+ mph the N1k is just catching its second wind and will keep accelerating well into the 140's. The 765 RS, well if you can survive hanging on and tucking in as low as possible it may reach 140's. But at 120 it feels like your neck will get ripped off your shoulders and that's really all I could tolerate.
3) The N1k clutch is a dream. Light, progressive, easy to modulate, and very easy to launch the bike. I also felt the N1k's transmissions shifted smoother.
4) I missed the Triumph's speed shifter.
5) N1k LED headlights kick ass.
6) Handling, tight twisties, the Triumph has definite edge, faster, sweeping turns, the N1k felt better planted to me. But the N1k does need more effort because it's a lot heavier. The new N1k weigh 519 lbs. wet.
7) Finally, comfort. The N1k is a couch compared to the Triumph.
Last edited by OCLandspeeder; 08-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.