New 2019 Ninja 1000 Owner - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

New 2019 Ninja 1000 Owner

Hi all, I just bought a "Used" 2019 Ninja 1000 w/ 650 miles that had its first service done, akra slip ons, oem heated grips, oem sliders, 12v socket, sargent seat all of it pretty sweet, mint. I have no idea why someone buys this bike dumps all that cash into it on accessories and then trades it in at 650 miles but i guess they had the dealer install all those accessories when they bought it and then decided they didnt like it and traded it in.

whatever the reason its my gain, basically rhe guy broke it in for me. I was looking for sport touring, didnt see anything I liked, then was looking at diavel and xdiavel s and even harley, then I saw this deal and was like sweetr and gave the bike a good look and I really liked it. its exactly what i was looking for originally, I had no idea it existed.

I also consiered an H2 SX SE that was a really good deal too but insurance is double and i think the bike is more fun anyways.

thanks

Questions:

I ordered the delvik headers to get rid of the CAT, anyone can confirm they will work with the akra slip ons I have?

Does anyone have the rear cowl cover on the 2019? I havent found a single real world photo yet, also am wondering if it expands storage space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 09:28 AM

Congrats and welcome!! Sorry, can't answer your questions definitively but I think the slip ons will fit just because they fit on stock headers. I didn't have to modify my slip ons for either stock headers or akrapovic headers, so logically my thought process is sound but I'd wait for others to confirm. I have akra slip ons as well, first to stock then to akra headers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM

Garage
Welcome, they should fit with only slight mods with clamps, spacers if they don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 11:37 AM

Congratulations! That's quite a steal on a '19.

Why anyone would put all that $$ into a new bike then trade after 650 miles? No good answer except, because they can and want to. It's your gain though! I've seen my fair share of brand new bikes that haven't even been broken in and already sporting a full exhaust worth $2k and all manner of mods. I've met owners who spend a lot of $$ on a pristine bike then don't want to ride it too much because they don't want to put miles on it. So they take it to bike nights, coffee rides, etc. For reals! But that's ok. When they sell their bikes the next buyer gets a great deal!

I can't get myself to like the Kawasaki passenger seat cowl. It sort of flattens the rear end of the bike. I wanted to get one on my '18 but I much prefer the shape of the rear cushion and it being black actually compliments the bike's aesthetic also. Just my opinion.
nucleus likes this.
post #5 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandroidx View Post
Does anyone have the rear cowl cover on the 2019? I havent found a single real world photo yet, also am wondering if it expands storage space.
There isn't much extra useful space beneath the seat cowl, and what little there is gets interrupted by the internal mounting bracketry. You could fit some small tools in there, plus maybe a wallet and bandana.

That said, I took advantage of the cowl's bracketry by looping a long cable tie through it, creating a sling of sorts. Now, the owners manual is held flush to the bottom of the bracket which empties the metal pan it formerly occupied inside the tail section. Now this newly vacant space is useful!
post #6 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

I forgot to ask about the Power Commander/ ECM situation with this bike and removing the Cat? It says on power commnaders website they dont make a PCV for this bike in 2019? it says only up to 2013? Does our bike use the PCV from the ZX10R?????

Or are you guys flashing the ECU directly? How are people getting tunes done after removing the cat and adding exhaust? Is it not required?
post #7 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Another question i forgot was about lighting. I ride a lot at night and I find the headlight to be quite good in high beam mode but it blinds traffic so I cant leave it on all the time but I cant see shit in low beam mode. I was going to see if i could lower the high beams but i am not sure what adjustments are available.

Has anyone added driving lights perhaps to the fork where the reflectors mount on the 17-19 models? I was looking at denali's and clearwater. Denali has some small lights that look like they might work in that spot.
post #8 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 06:30 PM

Here I am thinking the '17-'19 LED lights are awesome in both Lo & Hi beam modes. But this is in an urban environment with a lot of ambient light. Never ridden mine in completely dark situations.
post #9 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 10:09 PM

Garage
From what I've seen the 17 up has really good lighting, both in pattern and brightness for both high and low. Owning a 15 I had to invest about 500 dollars and 12 hrs into putting LED projectors into mine to get better lighting. Riding side by side at night with two different 17 ups I liked their patterns better although I thought my down road was better.
Something to consider is that as we get older not only do we need more lighting, but our eyes dont filter out glare as well. I have had and heard it from others they had good luck with high end optics filtering out some night time glare. I wear a brand called Lumin in their Vector style. But there are better from what I've read. I just dont like all that yellow so chose the Lumin.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #10 of 39 Old 07-26-2019, 10:13 PM

I have been very happy with the 2018 headlights, and that's coming from a guy with 61 year old eyes who also rides dark backroads. They are easily the best stockers I've ever used, with a smooth and bright pattern on high or low.

If I were running twisty backroads fast after dark, without any sense of self-preservation (i.e. with big lean angles and no regard for wildlife) some inside-corner aux lighting would be useful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page