New To Forum - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

New To Forum

I love to ride. Itís the only thing that clears my mind. I started out on a 1998 Ninja 250. I then got a 2014 Ninja 300 ABS and in 2 years put 40,000 miles on it. I just got a 2015 Ninja 1000 ABS. I am planning on doing some upgrades and was hoping the community here could help me out some.

Current goals:

Superlite 16 tooth sprocket (steel)
Vortex 40 tooth rear gear (aluminum)
EK 525 Chain

Akraprovic 4-2-1 exhaust (really wanted a Yoshimura)
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...iABEgIx1vD_BwE

Forged Aluminum Wheels
https://www.coremoto.com/Apex_6_forg...0_p/nz10a6.htm

Future goals (need advice):

I have heard of Ivanís ECU reflash and only found the Z1000 but assume itís just the same as the Ninja 1000 just open frame. I want to buy a new ECU and have it reflashed Incase something doesnít work. Any help there would be appreciated.

I also want to add a small power adder before having it dyno tuned.
I donít care if I had to mod the fairings but they have a supercharger kit for the Z1000. Will this work with the Ninja1000?
https://www.tts-performance.co.uk/si...saki-Z1000-INJ

If not has anyone tried one of these NX Kits? If I went this route it would be a 35 shot for 6th gear at WoT just to push the top speed which I know is restricted before the ECU reflash.
https://www.nitrousexpress.com/64004...lb-bottle.html

I prefer the supercharger as it doesnít have to be refilled. I also tried to find forged pistons and connecting rods but am new to bike performance. Iím not even sure what our stock compression ratio is and if it can handle a little spray or boost. If they make forged internals I would definitely get them before adding power.

Any help or links to other posts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS - I donít want a zx14 so donít tell me to just get a bigger bike if anything I would get a zx10 and want to do just as much to it. I ride long distances and like the Ninja1000ís ergonomics and the insurance is cheaper than a super sport. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 02:48 AM

Garage
Nice to hear your plans, keep us posted on the progress

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
post #3 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 07:57 AM

Sounds like a great project, looking forward to your results. I'm pretty new here, so can't offer much but the compression ratio is 11.8:1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 11:20 AM

Garage
Welcome aboard. Looks like you've done your home work and here's my 2cents for what its worth.

The 4 into 1 is the best exhaust from everything I've read in terms of weight, heat reduction and power. Weight being the bigger of the three. I have the 4 into 2 and love it.
If your planning on useing the stock luggage though verify it'll work together. Some dont.

Great sprocket choice and with the mid range on this bike it works really well together.

Ivan's tune for the 15 was actually tested and perfected on his personal Ninja 1000. Not a Z1000. For me it made as near to perfect what I was concerned with (throttle) as could be. The power increase in tune combined with the exhaust isn't anything the brag about but its felt for sure. Contact him on the ecm. Supper nice guy and very helpful, I did the same thing and still ln have my stock controller with OEM tune he found for me. Seriously you should call him.

No clue on the notorious or turbo but bet this bike would respond well to it and look forward to reading about your adventure. Good luck.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page