Howdy from Ohio. Looking for a Ninja - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By HoloQuest

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-14-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Howdy from Ohio. Looking for a Ninja

Hey all, I just registered. I've been interested in getting a Ninja 1000 for years. I've had every thing imaginable. FZ1, 3 Kawi Voyager XIIs, Concours 14, a couple 1250 Bandits. Over 40 bikes total, never more than 3 at a time tho'. lol Currently have a 650 Vstrom, but looking for something different again. The Ninja is really high on my list. Looking forward to reading up on the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-15-2019, 04:33 PM

Don't get a Ninja 1000. They're horrible. LMAO!

I've had a bunch of bikes too, mostly super sports and open class bikes. I had a Hayabusa and the ZX11D also. Currently have a VFR800 and the Ninja 1000.

The N1000 kind of reminds me of the Hayabusa and the VFR800 and a naked sportbike all melded into one. It is a very fast bike. Not as fast as the Busa, more like the ZX11D, only with a lot more immediate low and midrange hit. It also handles like a naked sportbike (because it is basically a Z1000 with a fairing). So I'm really, REALLY liking my 2018 model. I like it a whole lot more than my VFR800. I only commute on my VFR800 now because my N1000 functions as my primary sport bike. If you liked your FZ1 and Bandits, you will feel very much at home on the Ninja 1000.

I like my Ninja 1000 so much I'm thinking of replacing my 11 year old VFR800 with an older Ninja 1000....like a 2014-2016 model. Yes it's basically the same bike as what I have. My thinking is I want a general commuter/beater bike and still have as much fun as when I'm riding my 2018. I put a lot of miles on my commuter bikes that's why. I'd also consider a 2012 or newer Z1000 to replace my VFR800. My favorite thing I like about my N1000 are power (low and midrange torque with a nice top end), sleek looks, upright, naked bike ergonomics. In that order.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 PM

Plus there are several forum members that have had more than one! I hope to be in that boat also, I can't imagine getting anything else when I were out my 2015. It's got 43,000 Miles on it and it is absolutely perfect. Not one, issue, not one missed shift, still runs like better than new...
Ishikawa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-15-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm sold on the looks, but I'm having doubts about the ergonomics now. Haven't even sat on one yet, but am told it's similar to an FZ1, and at 64, I'm learning many models are no longer realistic options for me. My heart is good, since having bypass surgery a few years ago, but the rest of me is still worn out and creaky!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-16-2019, 03:53 PM

The legroom on the N1000 is similar to all naked sport bikes. Not roomy, but not cramped either. This is the only way to do it without losing ground clearance or raising the ride height. Basically like sitting on a dining chair but with your legs slightly elevated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page