Covid 19 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Covid 19

What do you guys think?

Should be scared or over hyped?

How is it affecting you personally and work wise?

Here in India, fingers crossed, things are not so bad. But the agencies have been pro actively in asking people to WFH, maintain distance, etc!! Not like any of these will work here in India.

We went out to the market to get some supplies, though it was a lot less crowded than usual, the crowds were still double or more of what we would find in a normal day in the Western world.

We are starting to see the effect on business' with most people I am talking to already thinking about cash flow, payments, etc.

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
Smart Moto Pair Valve Eliminator and Block Off plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This provides for scary reading -

https://twitter.com/jeremycyoung/sta...643357696?s=20

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
Smart Moto Pair Valve Eliminator and Block Off plates
post #3 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 01:45 PM
OCL

That Twitter feed is full of poison politics, especially with OC weighing in. If it were up to her she'd bankrupt the whole USA. She has no knowledge of how economics work. Zero. Nothing. If she did, she would not have blocked Amazon opening up headquarters in New York!

What the US is trying to do is control the spread of the virus by slowing it down over a period of time that meets the capacity of our Medical Industry. What the US doesn't want is something that happened to China, Korea, and Italy, where there was a huge spike in cases, which overwhelmed the system's capacity to take care of the ill, in addition to take care of all the other illnesses and other cases not related to C-19.

China, Korea, and parts of Italy, have reported success in halting the spread is some areas that had a total lockdown. But a total lockdown means some business will fail, which means people being out of a job or income. So one has to choose: allow C-19 cases to spread to a controllable degree, let the system absorb the load, and save many parts of the economy and therefore people's livelihoods. Or, completely stop the spread, while ruining the economy.

Pick your poison.

I've been listening on the daily briefings by the US government C-19 Containment Team. They sound confident, they appear honest, they seem to be on top of things. I've also listened to what the US Congress has been saying as well as Trump's economic team. They fully understand the economic effects of this containment strategy and they are working hard to minimize the damage. So they have a two pronged approach: Contain the Virus, defeat the Virus, while the other team tries to contain the economic damage, help SOME of the neediest Americans cope with the inevitable loss in wages.

In my humble opinion, this is the best we can do. All of these naysayers in Twitter making this into a political hit, are not offering any viable solutions. If they want to blame someone, blame the Chinese government for their piss-poor handling of C-19 when they hid the disease for two months. Two months the world could have used to lock out China. Instead, China decided to share the virus and help cripple the world's economy, as well as kill people around the world so they can save face. I don't blame the Chinese people. I blame the Chinese government.

Last edited by OCL; 03-18-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 03:41 PM

Garage
I concur with pretty much everything you said OCL. Except I disagree on AOCs grasp of the economy. She's obviously Noble Laureate level I hope she shut's up at some point.

I hope when all this is over its sends China back into isolationism. Albeit not of their own volition. They need to pay for this and also be kept from doing more harm. Every death from ths and SARS is on thier head. But that's not the worst part. ALl these businesses around here are being forced to close and it's going to destroy people far worse then the virus.
post #5 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 03:57 PM
OCL

That AOC is a piece of work. She is tenacious but dumb and thinks she knows everything and is blinded by her own self-righteous beliefs in how things should work.

Yup, agree with you. Swine Flu, Bird Flu, SARS, all of them originated from China due to insanitary slaughter, transport, handling, and selling of wildlife. You'd think they've learned something by now.

I feel REALLY bad for people who will/have lost their livelihood. $1k or $2k to every working American is just a stop gap. They need jobs to sustain themselves. Amazon has committed to hiring more people part time and full time, and calling out to those who recently lost their jobs due to this Pandemic. I'm not an Amazon lover (or hater) but kudos to them for coming up with this plan. Perhaps the grocery store chains, or others like Target or Walmart can do the same because I'm sure they need the extra help right now.

My company may end up laying off a few temporary employees. A few of my co-workers have also expressed concerns for their jobs. Me too.
post #6 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 04:38 PM

What is Covid 19?

ATGATT

2013 BMW K1300S 30 YR Edition
2019 Husqvarna 350 FX

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
post #7 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 04:41 PM
OCL

post #8 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCL View Post
That AOC is a piece of work. She is tenacious but dumb and thinks she knows everything and is blinded by her own self-righteous beliefs in how things should work.

Yup, agree with you. Swine Flu, Bird Flu, SARS, all of them originated from China due to insanitary slaughter, transport, handling, and selling of wildlife. You'd think they've learned something by now.

I feel REALLY bad for people who will/have lost their livelihood. $1k or $2k to every working American is just a stop gap. They need jobs to sustain themselves. Amazon has committed to hiring more people part time and full time, and calling out to those who recently lost their jobs due to this Pandemic. I'm not an Amazon lover (or hater) but kudos to them for coming up with this plan. Perhaps the grocery store chains, or others like Target or Walmart can do the same because I'm sure they need the extra help right now.

My company may end up laying off a few temporary employees. A few of my co-workers have also expressed concerns for their jobs. Me too.
Amazon is hiring cause they can't keep up with the demand. They issued a statement saying they are so busy that they may not be able to deliver in two days. They also said they need to hire 100k people ASAP. The question is when this pandemic passes will people go back to brick and mortar or will it just be Amazon.

ATGATT

2019 Husqvarna 350 FX

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
post #9 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 04:49 PM

Garage
Allot of jobs are on the bubble right now. I have freinds in car and bike dealerships that have to close indefinitley on friday. But even those of us in corporate america who are working from home are not safe. It will just tkae longer for our companies' cash flow to take a hit.
The folks in the local shops that I frequent are all freaking out.

Thanks China. I hope everyhone pulls out and manufactures elswhere. And before anyone thinks we 100% dependant on them we are not. The Companies I"ve been with recently have all been moving manufacturing to Vietnam, Taiwan, Thialand and even south of the border. They can be replaced.
post #10 of 44 Old 03-18-2020, 04:49 PM

I sure you know I was just kidding.
I just picked up my parents at the airport 3 hrs ago and I am worried silly. My dad will be 91 in May and my mom is 88.
OCL likes this.

ATGATT

2019 Husqvarna 350 FX

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page