Psa - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark59

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-2020, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Today was an amazing day here in Texas, cold this morning yes but 69 and clear this afternoon. At work all day I could hear everything from vespas to rockets.... and wishing the entire time that I was off. Instead made plans to meet up at 5:15 to go grab dinner with a friend and his buddy. At 5:45 he text me back that his buddy had been hit from behind and looked to have a broken arm.

I know this was discussed a while back but it's a serious enough issue for us as riders I didn't see how it could hurt.
Watch your 6.

https://youtu.be/FI8kozuhqpo

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2020, 10:59 PM

Ouch, that is a scary thought and happens way to much. texting and phone use while driving is still a major issue around here. Even after passing new laws people still don’t care, untill they raised the fines to a thousand bucks and hit people in the back pocket and make it hurt I don’t think it will change.I drive alot every day and most drivers still have that phone in there hand.
rcannon409 likes this.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I went and looked the story up behind that video and cant believe the guy lived. Broken pelvis and a broken bone in his lower spine. They also said It was a femal freind of his that hit him. Think his name was Blake Comeaux from Lafayette LA.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 08:25 PM

Damn, feel for the rider. I always think WTF for the driver. Stopped school bus, flashing lights, brake lights, WTF?

Happened to us in our car a few years ago. Watched it come up behind without slowing while waiting for a school bus. The 16 year old's smartphone smashed on the windshield. Gee, wonder what caused the accident? The officer on scene told us she got her driver's license the day before. I'll always wonder if she learned anything. We had sprained joints but were OK.

WA state is issuing tickets for distracted driving to the tune of 1700-1800 a month since we passed the law a few years ago and every year in news surveys more and more people admit to texting while driving...

Another reason why I want my mirror images to be in my line of sight at all times.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page