Why I advocate for concealed carry. - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 Old 12-29-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Shooter was stoped after killing one and critically wounding another in church service.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/on...hurch/2283225/
sportstourer likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 12-29-2019, 07:10 PM

Finally the bad person gets blowed away, if more of this would start happening it definately would be a deterrent, least the sheriff acknowledged him as a hero and props to the church for having a security plan in place.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #3 of 77 Old 12-29-2019, 07:31 PM

I am glad that a couple of the church members protected the rest and took out the shooter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 12:14 AM

Ever thought how (in all such random shootings that are widespread in the US) the shooter got hold of the killer weapon in the first place? Wait, could it be because of the liberal gun ownership law in the country? Over-the-shelf access to guns is the problem, not the solution. For an American owning a gun MAY save his or his family’s life (debatable) but the same gun placed in the hand of a single deranged citizen can take the life of scores of people. Gun ownership is as much the ‘American way of life’ as the famed ‘Marlboro man’ was. Which is to say, it isn’t. It’s all commerce, killing people isn’t a way of life.
Janek and jjscsix like this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #5 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 08:12 AM
57x

One man's opinion
post #6 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 09:15 AM

Bikram, if a person wanted to limit gun sales here, it would have needed to start back in 1930, or 1940. Even that might have been too late.

I suppose I am in the middle of the "wild west". Even at that, If we say my house is in a random location, in a random city, I have seven retailers that are within a 5 mile radius, who sell guns. None of them are new. The newest one is a wal mart that's been there for 12 years. For those 12 years, restrictive legislation has been "right around the corner". Although it never happens, that threat has always been there, and people have horded these weapons. The same was true for ammunition.

Unlike alcohol, cigs, or drugs, guns will pretty much last forever. The ammo does as well. Especially if you dont shoot the gun.

President Obama was in office for 8 years. During that time, my local retailers never had any ammunition in stock. It was sold before it even made it on to their shelves.

Even if you are 100% correct, there are too many out in circulation for the govt to ever get control. Any sort of restrictive legislation just drives the prices higher. Knowing that, guns have become a great investment. Many of the pieces I have are worth 5 times their original value.
post #7 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Videos and photos are starting to be released that were taken from inside the church. It looks as if the violence started and stoped in less then three seconds.
Here's a picture of why.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191230_081957_1577715630171.jpg (171.2 KB, 18 views)

Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #8 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
@Bikram.
I respect your opinion and am glad we live in a country where you are free to proclaim them.

post #9 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 01:20 PM

@Avintage,

Thank you. That would be India.
Northern Ninja likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
BMC filter
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #10 of 77 Old 12-30-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Bikram, if a person wanted to limit gun sales here, it would have needed to start back in 1930, or 1940. Even that might have been too late.

I suppose I am in the middle of the "wild west". Even at that, If we say my house is in a random location, in a random city, I have seven retailers that are within a 5 mile radius, who sell guns. None of them are new. The newest one is a wal mart that's been there for 12 years. For those 12 years, restrictive legislation has been "right around the corner". Although it never happens, that threat has always been there, and people have horded these weapons. The same was true for ammunition.

Unlike alcohol, cigs, or drugs, guns will pretty much last forever. The ammo does as well. Especially if you dont shoot the gun.

President Obama was in office for 8 years. During that time, my local retailers never had any ammunition in stock. It was sold before it even made it on to their shelves.

Even if you are 100% correct, there are too many out in circulation for the govt to ever get control. Any sort of restrictive legislation just drives the prices higher. Knowing that, guns have become a great investment. Many of the pieces I have are worth 5 times their original value.
RC, I quite get your point about the practicality or otherwise of gun control. In my country, we have to handover all registered weapons (it is compulsory to register your weapon; and you need the govt’s permission to buy one in the first place) to the local police station just before elections (national/state level) are held. Failure to do so can trigger legal sanction including confiscation of your weapon. The weapons are given back to the owners after elections. If there is political will and legal sanction, gun control is a realistic policy goal.
rcannon409 likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
BMC filter
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page