Impromptu Trip - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 Old 10-29-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
Not only do they stay on... when I apply the brakes, they all go red... turns the bike in to one giant brake light...

I had purple and orange on for halloween... my phone died and that's what controls the colors...i wanted to change to green for the pic
rcannon409 likes this.

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 10-29-2017, 01:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeV View Post
I shared one of the coolest photos I've taken of this bike....... and crickets....
that is a good pic.
DeV likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #33 of 41 Old 10-30-2017, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
@FeralRdr

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 Old 11-02-2017, 02:55 AM

Garage
Great Picts Dev. Thanks for sharing.

If I might ask, how many miles did you ride on your trip?
post #35 of 41 Old 11-02-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr View Post
Great Picts Dev. Thanks for sharing.

If I might ask, how many miles did you ride on your trip?
I can probably figure it out by looking at the trip number from when I put the new tires on, but I would guess it was only about 350 miles....

The first day we were there, it was very cold, so we hiked...
The next day we went to the tail, so over the Cherohala, did the tail 5x, then back around to the cabin...
The next day the girls went shopping, so I took the bike in to Blue Ridge and they took the cage....
The next day it rained all day long....
And the next day, it snowed in the morning.....and was forecasted for the roads to freeze overnight, so we left that day instead of the one additional day we were going to be there....I still rode from Coker Creek in Tennessee to Mercier Orchard in Georgia before loading the bike up on the trailer....34 degrees....wind chill said it made it feel 29....way too cold for this Florida boy....

so the only real riding was one day of the Cherohala and dragon....
other than that, it was a few trips in to town in Telico Plains, the shopping ride, and the ride to Mercier....

post #36 of 41 Old 11-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Garage
@DeV
Not that I'm trying to give you any ideas or anything. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171103_233530_1509896642027.jpg (142.6 KB, 8 views)

Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #37 of 41 Old 11-06-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avintage69 View Post
@DeV
Not that I'm trying to give you any ideas or anything. LOL
Damn... that musta been a pretty penny... we ran in to a guy last night who has a gsxr with speakers... said he paid 1600 for the system... it wasnt as elaborate as that either...

post #38 of 41 Old 11-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Garage
I should of had a bunch of picture's of the Rally but the used GoPro I bought after losing my first one either didn't like the mini SD card I had or my -technodummyidis- set in and I screwed the settings up. Oh well it is what it is.
So that's one of 3 Pic's out of almost 50 that you can make out to some extent what it was. The owner wasn't there at the moment but his buddy said he had 30 to 35K in the bike and although not my style at all at least admit it was a nice bike with a fairly decent sound system. While walking around found a large tent (50' x 40' maybe) that was selling and installing LEDs. Not sure if it was the same pod and strip kit you have but they had one that was 4 strips and 6 pods installed for 300 or 350. that had I think 6 deferent preset patterns and a 2 customizable (not even 90% sure on that). Their biggest kit for a Slingshot was 999 installed.....! Holly cow that's not cheap. If it was the one on display then it made the thing look like a new era disco on wheels that pulsed to the beat of its 8 speaker stereo. I've got to get this GoPro fixed and hit the Lottery.

post #39 of 41 Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
@Avintage69 if you're interested in LEDs, get the same kit from the company I have...it's a really good kit - all of their LED products are great - and their customer service is excellent - they let me purchase 2 different sets of headlights, INSTALL AND TEST THEM BOTH to see which I liked better, and send the one back with a prepaid label that I didn't want...
not sure if this was a special case thing for being a kickstarter backer since their inception, or if they treat everyone like that, but I've never heard of a company allowing you to install and fire up a product and then send it back....send it back with no restocking fee....and pay for the shipping back to them....

Full RGB (so something like 16 million color choices)....2 channels so you can have 2 different colors at once.....a chameleon mode so you can use your phone's camera to select a color you want, the smartbrake feature to change your lights all red when you hit the brake....and tons of preset patterns for changing colors, with the ability to make your own in whatever way you want....it also has something where the lights can correspond to audio from your phone or get brighter the faster you go with your GPS....

Last night, I actually used one of the preset patterns for hazards...it does 3 quick alternating flashes of white and then yellow.....one of my buddies had his glasses fly off, so we were looking for them...everyone appreciated me being in the back with those lights while we were driving slow in the left lane and searching

I just went to their page and they have a 10% off special on all motorcycle kits
I would do this one...
XKchrome iOS Android App Bluetooth Control Advanced 8 pod 4 strip kit for LED Motorcycle Neon Underglow Accent Light Kit Campatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

and then add 2 10" strips

Video demo:

post #40 of 41 Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM

Garage
I guess lm not the type for the big bling but respect those that are. Now for the purpose of visibility... I like it. That is as long as it can be controlled for those needed stealth mode moments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page