Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-13-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Quote:
'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-28-2019, 07:14 AM

I don't have a problem with aftermarket exhausts that are not horribly loud. Straight open pipes are horrible.
MarkOne and dmerc like this.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 30th Anniversary ZX6R.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-28-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
I don't have a problem with aftermarket exhausts that are not horribly loud. Straight open pipes are horrible.
Straight open pipes, and then they play their stupid radio loud enough to be heard over the pipes. I have 3 subs in my truck that I play fairly loud, and I can still hear their music over mine.

2011 N1K Black/Green
Custom 3D Printed Designs Here!
Custom 3D Printed Discussion Here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-28-2019, 06:07 PM

Garage
I am completely against the straight pipes thing. Even race tracks are cracking down on noise. Not to mention it is almost always less power than a tuned exhaust.

I completely understand people want cars to know they are there but when people abuse things some ridiculous law comes down that ruins it for everyone else.
78-86 decibels, which is not very loud https://floridacarlaws.com/exhaust-noise/

Oh, and the radio thing needs to change too because that is just over the top. FL has a law on that too but it is rarely enforced. 25ft or more: https://legalbeagle.com/7221539-loud...rida-laws.html
post #5 of 14 Old 03-28-2019, 10:01 PM

I love the sound of a good tuned exhaust. However I keep mine stock due to the hours I work and respect for my neighbors. I also figure it is a double edge sword... the police can not hear me but neither can anyone else.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 PM

Louder is OK but straight is an obnoxious noise that lessens the power due to no back pressure. I do like a non factory sound and I will always remember a neighbor of mine that had V-Max with a Scorpion exhaust that sounded VERY much like a bored out V8. Whenever we went anywhere, people all wanted to look.

Urban Brawlers, Puig Windshield, Kawasaki Sliders (17-18 design), RAM center cell phone mount, Reflective rim tape (add to safety), Motodynamic integrated tail light, Motodynamic fender eliminator, KQR saddlebags (purchased later), USB voltage readout USB, Sargent seat, Ivan's ECU Flash, K&N, Angel GT's (55 rear)
post #7 of 14 Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 AM

We have a lot of deer where I live and I have totaled two cars from hitting them on the road. I would like to think that my aftermarket exhaust is not too loud, but loud enough that the deer can hear me coming and will run back into the woods.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 30th Anniversary ZX6R.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-15-2019, 05:46 PM

I like your thinking JohnMark

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9 of 14 Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
We have a lot of deer where I live and I have totaled two cars from hitting them on the road. I would like to think that my aftermarket exhaust is not too loud, but loud enough that the deer can hear me coming and will run back into the woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
I like your thinking JohnMark
Another myth...

The deer's survival instinct, when startled, is to run flat out in a RANDOM direction. I've seen them run straight into trees, into traffic, a few times into the sides of cars, into chain link fences (over and over) and once, into my riding buddy & his Concours. Deer who live near roadways typically get acclimated to road sounds and panic when visually stimulated. Deer whistles help some but there's no perfect solution other than to be visually alert and slow down when deer are around.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Vstream tour screen, Givi XS306 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #10 of 14 Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 PM

A sportbike that howls like an Indycar is music to my ears. And, growing up in the 70's, I miss the sound and smell of 2 strokes. BUT, straight pipes are just rude and obnoxious!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page