Fuelling and AFR - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Fuelling and AFR

I find that a lot of people here have added either slip-ons or a full system. But I also notice that no one is talking about fuelling. Can I assume that the fuelling is managed well with the stock map even with a full system exhaust? Is it lean at the higher revs/gears?

Also, are most of the exhaust fitments accompanied by a change in the filter also or with stock filter?

Look forward to hearing what you guys have done. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 08:09 AM

Akrapovich mentions in there add that no fuel change is needed for there full exhaust. I think the consensus is if you put on a full system then add a high flow filter then you need to have the fueling and afr checked, more than likely you will need adjustment and also to get the most out of your mods.of course if you have a 2011-2016 nk1 Ivan’s flash will cover it.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #3 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 10:52 AM

Its just like Mark said. You can "get by" without changing fueling on the 11-16 bikes. You can add a full exhaust do nothing else and be ok of the bikes live. I think you'll find very few people who drop 1000.00 plus on an exhaust who are not concerned with performance. The big exhaust manufactures know most people just bolt them on, without tuning and they would be crazy to sell a exhaust that would damage an untuned motorcycle.

Thats where this link comes in....or links. You did not mention if you were talking about an 11-13 bike or a 14-16 bike. Both are tuned differently. You can read about what the flash does. Its basically a map of whats wrong with out stock bikes.

2011-2013 Ivan's Performance Products

2014-2016 Ivan's Performance Products

For these two specific bikes, no one has a tuning package that will compete with these. I would recommend doing this flash before an exhaust change. You might decide you don't even want the header.

So far Ivan does not have anything for the 2017 and newer bikes and its possible that he may never have a tuning package for them. You are sort of on your own with the newer bike..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, I am on the 2018 Ninja 1000 and adding bits one at a time. First thing was to get the K&N in and it really brought the bike alive. I have not been able to check if it is actually running lean as I did not get a chance to ride her out but just in the city.

Both PC and Bazzaz don't seem to have a product for the 17' onwards Ninja 1000. Only option seems to be to go to Woolich.

Ivan's reflash doesn't seem to be an option for us people staying here in India. I do have a couple of tuners here locally but not too comfortable doing that and hence not looking at Woolich also for now.

Will post how my bike seems to be doing as I add the bits.

If I find that the bike is running clean with the filter, next will be the catcon getting replaced with a link pipe.

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #5 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM

I think that is your only option on a 2017 or newer bike. There are several people who reflash this bike but I believe they all use the Woolich kit.
post #6 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So, is anyone here running an exhaust with a filter on a 17'+ model? If yes, is it slip on or full system and do you have fuelling issues?

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #7 of 56 Old 06-16-2019, 09:58 PM

We have had several people do just that. Of course you can. While it is probably better to look for a tune, you'll get by without one.
post #8 of 56 Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
We have had several people do just that. Of course you can. While it is probably better to look for a tune, you'll get by without one.
Agreed on the tune but want to know if they are running lean or manageable and no loss in power especially in the higher revs/gears.

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #9 of 56 Old 06-17-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurudev View Post
Agreed on the tune but want to know if they are running lean or manageable and no loss in power especially in the higher revs/gears.
I have friends running '17+ bikes with a full system without any issues. I recommend you install PAIR valve block-off plates with a full system exhaust.
agurudev likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #10 of 56 Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Bikram.

Which part of India are you based out of? Thats a pretty impressive list of mods on your bike!!

Also, any recommendations for the Pair Valve Block Off plates? TIA

Ride hard, ride safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page