2017/18 Owners - ECU Flash Available - Page 6 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 61 Old 11-05-2019, 10:38 AM

The woolich is a reflash, thats a way better choice than an add on system. The Rapid bike system is nice, but it wont help with fuel cut. Without that feature, you wont have much, no matter what else it does. The add on systems worked much better in years past, before the emissions rules became so strong.

Assuming the Woolich kit does what it lists, its a more complete option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 61 Old 11-05-2019, 10:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
The woolich is a reflash, thats a way better choice than an add on system. The Rapid bike system is nice, but it wont help with fuel cut. Without that feature, you wont have much, no matter what else it does. The add on systems worked much better in years past, before the emissions rules became so strong.

Assuming the Woolich kit does what it lists, its a more complete option.
Rapid bike is actually very good, and tuners like EDR often use ECU tuning AND Rapid Bike to get maximum results. I'm not going to put words in Eric Dorn's mouth, he explained why this is necessary but I forgot exactly why.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #53 of 61 Old 11-05-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurudev View Post
Thanks, got it now. So I can use the RapidBikeEvo without the YouTune.

Can I still get the Quickshifter without YouTune?
Yes, any Quickshifter will work without YouTune.
agurudev likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 61 Old 11-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Rapid bike is awesome if you have only fueling issues. The page here shows you what it does: https://rapidbike.us/about

This page shows what the reflash kit will do. You can see one of the two is a much more complete package that will at least try to work on problem areas. At least the seller has made you aware of whats wrong instead of ignoring them.

2017-2018 Kawasaki Z1000SX - Log Box (Denso) v3 + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Package

The red flag with Rapid bike is using the stock sensor, and trying to tune with it. That sensor is an emissions sensor. Very slow to respond, narrow band, and much more related to engine temp. Any other active tuning set-up explains that, and has you remove that sensor and replace it with sensor used for tuning.

The days of just throwing fuel at a bike ended about 15 years ago. Kawasaki and everyone else did an amazing job based on the regulations they had to deal with. Leaving it stock makes a lot of sense. They run a hell of a lot better than our stock 2011 bikes did.

But, if you want to tune, the bikes are very screwed up. Why invest in a tool set where 75% of the wrenches you need dont exsist?

Last edited by rcannon409; 11-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.
post #55 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
Agree with all the points, I am just getting to this if, and only if the bike runs lean on adding the slip ons. Right now, it is just for my understanding. I don't have any issues with the bike otherwise but would not like it to run lean...

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
Smart Moto Pair Valve Eliminator and Block Off plates
post #56 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 11:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Rapid bike is awesome if you have only fueling issues. The page here shows you what it does: https://rapidbike.us/about

This page shows what the reflash kit will do. You can see one of the two is a much more complete package that will at least try to work on problem areas. At least the seller has made you aware of whats wrong instead of ignoring them.

2017-2018 Kawasaki Z1000SX - Log Box (Denso) v3 + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Package

The red flag with Rapid bike is using the stock sensor, and trying to tune with it. That sensor is an emissions sensor. Very slow to respond, narrow band, and much more related to engine temp. Any other active tuning set-up explains that, and has you remove that sensor and replace it with sensor used for tuning.

The days of just throwing fuel at a bike ended about 15 years ago. Kawasaki and everyone else did an amazing job based on the regulations they had to deal with. Leaving it stock makes a lot of sense. They run a hell of a lot better than our stock 2011 bikes did.

But, if you want to tune, the bikes are very screwed up. Why invest in a tool set where 75% of the wrenches you need dont exsist?
Rapid bike also has a wideband 02 sensor product. I'd seriously reccomend giving Eric Dorn at EDR a call to get up to date on their products and why he is still using them on bikes he ALSO ecu tunes before making these comments. One the 2015+ R1 for example, he uses both FTECU and Rapid Bike to get the best results. The only thing better would be to go the a full magnetti marelli engine management system.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #57 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 11:54 AM

What we are talking about has very little to do with a 2015 r1. The question was not about a reflash AND the Rapid Bike. It was about the Rapid bike OR an ecu reflash, and how the two compare. I dotn need to call anyone to figure this one out.

I could see using both if soemone wanted a quick shifter, or pit speed limiter, but if they are using the ftecu kit, and making fuel changes with the Rapid Bike, its because they dont understand the fuel tables and have not done the work necessary to put those changes into an ecu. I would be pissed if I had to buy both, in modern times because its pointless. Hes using the Rapid Bike because its easier, for him, to tune the fuel tables ...not because its better. The other reason they do this is to help secure their work. If you were to find his rapid bike map, its worthless without his ftecu reflash. Thats awesome, but still ends up costing the customer more money to protect the sellers work....no thanks.

Products that are amazing and fantastic on the r1 really on it wont apply to our Ninja 1000's. The ecu on the r1 bike is several generations ahead of what we have on our ninja , any generation. It sounds like the 2020 Ninja is upgraded enough to where it might be different, but not the older machines.

Second, the information I am giving is not my idea, or a secret. All a person needs to do is search and learn. When someone tells you they use the stock, slow reacting, emissions based sensor for tuning, thats bullshit, no matter who is mentioning it, or selling it.

The description of the Rapid Bike controller shows what it is able to do, and its not nearly as complete as an ecu reflash. Thats based on the description of what each product will do, or wont do.
tyrmeltr likes this.

Last edited by rcannon409; 11-06-2019 at 12:01 PM.
post #58 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 12:08 PM

Its also worth noticing these guys are in India. It makes no sense for them to deal with a Rapid Bike distributor in the USA, or to send their ecu to the us for a reflash. Its very expensive, and difficult for them to have to deal with a usa distributor or to send their ecu's here for a reflash. Things that are amazing, for us, really dont do them much good if they dont have easy access.
tyrmeltr and agurudev like this.
post #59 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Garage
I see where you are coming from now. Yes itís not an either/or. If you only do one it starts with the flash.

To be clear- itís not just R1s or racebikes heís doing this with. He is doing the combo with a variety of manufacturers Japanese and Italian and many are streetbikes. Though the intent is to extract maximum performance as well as retain great rideability. I donít understand why but with Rapid Bike added to ECU tuning that little bit more gets squeezed out of what the bike can do.

post #60 of 61 Old 11-06-2019, 12:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Its also worth noticing these guys are in India. It makes no sense for them to deal with a Rapid Bike distributor in the USA, or to send their ecu to the us for a reflash. Its very expensive, and difficult for them to have to deal with a usa distributor or to send their ecu's here for a reflash. Things that are amazing, for us, really dont do them much good if they dont have easy access.
Well this is a damn good point. EDR is in Portland. Which is way too far even for me here in the US. Carry on then. Haha.
rcannon409 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page