CHP Enforcement Advisory - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 04-21-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

CHP Enforcement Advisory

I'm seeing a major increase in California Highway Patrol activity along Highway 101 near San Luis Obispo. Lots of motorists being pulled over, and it's often two or more units working together. These SUV units have begun using stealth tactics, like hiding on blind shoulders and over the crests of hills, rather than the normal being visible in traffic. It looks like a revenuing operation, plain and simple. After the recent regime change in Sac'to, maybe these guys have new marching orders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-21-2019, 01:05 PM

Chp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickifumi View Post
I'm seeing a major increase in California Highway Patrol activity along Highway 101 near San Luis Obispo. Lots of motorists being pulled over, and it's often two or more units working together. These SUV units have begun using stealth tactics, like hiding on blind shoulders and over the crests of hills, rather than the normal being visible in traffic. It looks like a revenuing operation, plain and simple. After the recent regime change in Sac'to, maybe these guys have new marching orders.

They can't see us over here in Florida..........Some day traffic speed will be regulated from the air with more than small planes........
post #3 of 20 Old 04-21-2019, 01:33 PM

The Drones are coming, the sneaky little varmits will be hard to spot.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 04-21-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
The Drones are coming, the sneaky little varmits will be hard to spot.
Your taxpayer dollars at work.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-24-2019, 02:16 PM

I went to School in san luis obispo. But live In southern california. There were so many police there in "central" california its ridiculous. I always hated that drive during vacations. I ended up getting a radar detector, It's completely useless now that I'm done with school. Police here in OC,IE,LA don't often use radar. Its too crowded and there is too much traffic. But the 101 is littered with speed traps
post #6 of 20 Old 04-24-2019, 11:00 PM

Litter

Man.........whats the deal with idiots taking a dump on sidewalks everywhere in Calirmania! Its all over the news latlely...........I have these visions of motoring down the road and some person is defecating along the side of the road.........sheeeeit
post #7 of 20 Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

In that city, pooping on the sidewalk is free but parking your motorcycle on any portion of the sidewalk will get you an expensive citation. Instead of leaving your deposit on the ground maybe a better place is on the seat of that parking enforcement trike.
post #8 of 20 Old 04-25-2019, 03:26 PM

The CHP enforcement along the 101 in the Central Coast area of CA has been exactly as you described for maybe 10 years now. I ride/drive along that way several times a year and nothing has changed. The beginning of the Spring & summer seasons on weekends the CHP definitely steps it up a notch or two. The same kind of thing on Hwy 1. It's like riding through a gauntlet of cops! I've learned to do #1, have a radar detector, and #2, never be the fastest. I find myself a rabbit and follow from a short distance. Let someone else sniff out the CHP on the 101. If there's a rise on the road, or a curve along the 101, watch out! That's a speed trap. I plan to ride out this way near the end of May so I'm ready. I usually will avoid the 101 as much as I can.

As for the defecation on city streets, that only happens in San Francisco (usually). SF is the center of liberalism in CA, and their local governments allow it. You can literally set up a tent along the sidewalk and they can't kick you out. Also, the state passed a very liberal incarceration law, so if you steal something under $1k, you don't go to jail you get a ticket. If you are in possession of an illegal drug but are not violent you get a ticket. Law enforcement, county jails, etc., are NOT allowed to ask your legal status if you commit a crime or are stopped for misdemeanors. Law enforcement are not allowed to cooperate with the Federal government to arrest and deport criminal illegal immigrants. They are not obligated to obey a stay order to hold an illegal in jail until the Federal Government gets their hands on them. They release them after they serve their time (usually to commit crimes again). This is why CA crime rate, especially property crime has risen 47% since this law was passed (maybe 2014). This according to the California Sheriff's office. It's a beautiful state with beautiful people and a great place to ride motorcycles, hike, vacation, etc. But the liberal government policies made a lot of other things ridiculously stupid and expensive. It has pockets of common sense scattered throughout but dig a little deep and you will peel open a can of worms.
post #9 of 20 Old 04-25-2019, 04:03 PM

According to the politicians in California they don’t have a immigration problem, they welcome them to there sanctuary city, that was until trump said he was going to start bussing the immigrants to sanctuary cities then they all started crying. I dont see how these states keep from going broke, hopefully the federal government will cut off the funding to these places then the states will have to adjust there policies to keep from going broke.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #10 of 20 Old 04-26-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
...I dont see how these states keep from going broke
This is a good question, maybe being the 5th economy of the world, strong agriculture (perhaps boosted by illegal immigrants) and having Silicon Valley and companies like apple, Tesla, space x .... help their survival... just my opinion!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page